Skip to main content

Vegemite

Today for class my english professor, Mr. Ryder, brought in Vegemite for us to try. I've been waiting for this day because he's been talking about it for weeks now, from showing us commercials to expressing his joy from when he ordered the yeast extract online. Mr. Ryder proudly prepared slices of toast covered with Vegemite and butter for those who wanted to try the Australian product. To get the full experience, I decided to take a bite from the area with the most Vegemite. Before we even tried the product, Mr. Ryder first passed around the jar for us to smell, and the jar smelled like cocoa for some reason, but with a strong scent. After taking a bite, all I could taste was pure salt and a bit of oil, which at first was not pleasant, but after a while it somewhat tasted good. I was not let down by Vegemite, as it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I would try it again, but I would not be able to have it every day as the Aussies do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genji Go

This afternoon I went to Genji Go, a Japanese local counter-serve chain, located at 8599 Columbus Pike. I ordered the steak and chicken with fried rice, and yum-yum sauce to add on. What I love about this place is how the already-good food tastes better with yum-yum sauce. The best thing to do after buying Genji Go is to mix the yum-yum sauce into the food, making everything taste 10 times better. This chain is my favorite Japanese restaurant because the food is just so tasty and delicious!