Skip to main content

Bojangles

For Thanksgiving break, my relatives from North Carolina came to visit. They didn't come empty handed however, bringing a box of fresh Bojangles that they bought along the way here. When I realized they bought some for us, I was totally hyped, not because they brought food, but because Bojangles means a lot to me. What most people don't know about me is that I'm originally from Charlotte, North Carolina. Bojangles is also from Charlotte, being founded in the Queen City in 1977. I used to eat it when I lived in North Carolina, until I moved here to Ohio. I only have Bojangles when I visit my relatives in Charlotte because the fast food restaurant only serves in the Southeastern region of the country, and not here in Ohio. Every time I have Bojangles, I always have memories from when I used to live in North Carolina, and I feel like I'm still living there when I eat it as well. One day when I was discussing another paper with my English professor, Mr. Ryder, we talked about how food can give us memories. I told him about how Bojangles means a lot to me, and he told me that the fast food chain is planing on opening a restaurant here in Ohio, more specifically in Cincinnati. We looked it up, and sure enough, professor Ryder was right. I'm not sure how I feel about Bojangles coming to Ohio, because now that I can take a two hour drive to Cincinnati to get some chicken, the hometown memories I have from getting the Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits could possibly become irrelevant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genji Go

This afternoon I went to Genji Go, a Japanese local counter-serve chain, located at 8599 Columbus Pike. I ordered the steak and chicken with fried rice, and yum-yum sauce to add on. What I love about this place is how the already-good food tastes better with yum-yum sauce. The best thing to do after buying Genji Go is to mix the yum-yum sauce into the food, making everything taste 10 times better. This chain is my favorite Japanese restaurant because the food is just so tasty and delicious!